Setting up GreenTeam DNS
The process of setting up our DNS filter is similar on every router.
For this tutorial I used a DLink router but the idea is the same for the other brands and models.
Setting up our DNS filter on a router.
- http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.1.1 depending on the model.
- Log in using the router username and password. The default password for the DLink router is either 'password' or empty.
- Locate the DNS definitions panel of your router. On Dlink to see the definitions you need to click on the 'Manual Internet Connection Setup' button at the bottom of the setup page or WAN on the left.
- Enter the DNS IPs from our web site in the box. If you have room for more IPs it is recommended to fill each one of them either with unreachable IPs or with one we provided.
- Click on the 'Save Settings' button (followed by OK).
- Restart your router.
After your DNS is setup and your router restarted, it is recommended to go to our verification page to check that your settings are correct.
At this point your network is protected using our 'Moderate' settings.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.